Reading List // 25 Books To Finish in 2015

I'm quite happy with the amount of time I can spend blogging at the moment - I'm not quite so happy with the reasons behind having so much free time, but that's a story for another day. Not only can I spend more time blogging, but I've also been catching up with my YouTube subscriptions, Netflix shows, and probably most importantly: my books. 

In January, as I do every year, I set myself a target for the yearly Goodreads Reading Challenge. Last year I set myself a goal of 20 books... this year I increased that number to 25. I thought that since I would be finishing college in the middle of the year, I'd have plenty more time to read. I ended up being... not so resolute about it. Up until now, I've had to dedicate myself to learning The Bloody Chamber, Frankenstein and Macbeth inside out for my A2 Literature exam and so I haven't had much time for leisure reading. However, I'm determined to read as much as possible and so to help me, I decided I'd publish a list of 25 books I definitely want to read this year. Hopefully, this will save me from umming and ahhing about which book to read next, although I'm sure I'll divert, in some small way, from the list. Obviously, I've been limited to the books I own, although there are probably hundreds more that I might prefer.

Without further ado, here is my progress so far:


  1. The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
  2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  3. The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas
  4. Tickets, Please by D. H. Lawrence
  5. Travels in the Land of Serpents and Pearls (Little Black Classics) by Marco Polo
  6. A Pair of Silk Stockings (Little Black Classics) by Kate Chopin
  7. Dracula by Bram Stoker (454 pages to go)
  8. The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien (not sure how many pages to go, my edition isn't numbered correctly... but it's a lot)
  9. The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz (166 pages to go)
  10. We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler (181 pages to go)
  11. The Ocean At The End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  12. Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  13. The Beautiful and Damned - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  14. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  15. The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: The Murder at Road Hill House by Kate Summerscale
  16. The Small Hand by Susan Hill
  17. The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling
  18. Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
  19. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Six Other Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  20. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
  21. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
  22. Multiversum by Leonardo Patrignani
  23. Rapture by Lauren Kate
  24. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
  25. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
*you'll notice that Macbeth isn't on this list, as I read it before 2015 (but didn't study it in so much detail)

Admittedly, this list is very ambitious! Not only do I have to read more books than last year, but most of the books I've chosen are absolute monsters - and according to my account I'm five books behind schedule! You can become my friend on Goodreads to keep up with my progress, or check back at the end of the year to see how many books I managed! Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular Posts

There's More!

I have a glitch on my blog at the moment that's deleting all the posts from my main page, but there's plenty more available in the Archive, search bar or 'Older Posts' buttons.

MB x