Friday, 11 December 2015

My Christmas Giving Story! // Inspired by #ProjectLiteracy

This Christmas I've been hard at work trying to find suitable presents for everybody, and it hasn't been easy, but I have stumbled across a couple of items and projects that might be interesting for the more generous of readers!



Firstly, I ordered a bracelet from @ShopSavannah's online store. Not only are their bracelets absolutely gorgeous and inexpensive, but the company donates an amount of the proceeds made from your purchase towards wildlife conservation, and in particular saving the lions. I like to think I've helped one by buying a bracelet for someone this Christmas.



Similarly, I ordered a beautiful bohemian-style ring from Modlio, who also donate some of their proceeds to a good cause. They donate to @Water, which helps provide clean water to families who don't have access to it. Not only does it make me feel good, it makes the person who is going to be wearing the jewelry good, and it is helping others in need happier and healthier.

And last but not least, I entered @maximumpopbooks' UK-wide Secret Santa. There are so many reasons why this is great:

1. You get to send a book as a christmas present to someone you've never met before, so there's the possibility of making friends!
2. You have very little information about the person you're matched with... not even their name or gender... which makes shopping both difficult AND fun!
3. You get to spend time writing a cute note or Christmas card to them, and wrapping your present in the most gorgeous paper you can find.
4. At the end of the process, you get a book too!

Sadly, entries to the Secret Santa are closed now (but you can always host your own!). I have already bought and wrapped a book for my person, and it's ready to be sent in the mail in the morning. Eek! You can track participants' progress on Twitter with the hashtag #MPSecretSanta.

I have loved wrapping so far this Christmas, I just can't wait for the GIVING! Are you giving in little, extraordinary ways this Christmas? Let me know in the comments below!

Meaghan x

This post was inspired by Project Literacy's Giving Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment